Sunday 11 April 2010

Things I Remembered

  1. Love is endless.  I don't need to hold on, don't need to scrimp and save, as if I'm losing something when I love someone. I don't have to choose who to give it to as if I've only got a limited amount to offer - I love people as much as I love them, regardless of how I feel about anyone else. The more I give, the more I'm replenished, and have even more to give next time. 
  2. You can't control other people.  However much I'd like to be able to puppet those around me - even if it's to get them to control me - everyone makes their own choices.  You can trick them, you can manipulate and influence them, but they're still unpredictable, still free, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  3. Now is all there is.  I've been going round and round, trying to plan what I'd do if this, if that, but of course all that's going to do is drive me mad.  All I can do is respond to what's in front of me, try to do the right thing and enjoy the perfectly imperfect moments.

No comments: